Saturday, July 25, 2009

Umibozu: My 10k SUbmission



So here goes my bid into DBH's prestigious 10k design contest. If you don't know about it, it's a t-shirt design contest, where the prize is ten thousand f***ing dollars. That's a good chunk of change. 4 runners up will also recieve one thousand dollars. It's an elimination type of dealy, they go up for voting for a few weeks, and the designs with the most votes and best designs will become the top 20. All votes are then reset to 0, and at the end of the week the 10 shirts with the top votes become the top 10. Votes are reset to 0 again and the top 5 become the winners.

The competition is fierce already, there are some clear front runners, and more than a handful of designs that are potential contenders. I have no idea how mine is going to fair in the contest. I'm entering it kind of late, so it's going to sort of have to play catch up in terms of votes. I created a topic in the forum to show my process in making the design, and got a lot of good feedback and encouragement:

http://www.designbyhumans.com/forums/show/550054


I submitted on a Friday which means it probably won't be up til Monday. I worked really hard on this, and I hope it does well. I hope I can at least make the top 20, let alone be one of the 5 winners. Hope people will like the design, and I'm going to do my best to try to rally support. I'm up against some of the more profilic designers in the game though, and I'm a relative nobody, I've never had anything printed and don't really have much of a fanbase, so I'm going to be an underdog in this competition. Wish me luck.

Oh, and in case you're curious about what the design is about, he's a wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umibozu

I'll post again when it's up for voting.

-stray